howto calculate pi to large (eg 10^6) places

Toon Moene toon at
Mon Sep 15 15:38:04 EDT 2003

Joseph Landman wrote:

>   Note:  some of the good folks at Cray used to do this with their
> machines.  One of the "burn-in" tests was generating a few
> hundred-million digits.

Heh, the way we (previous employer) burnt in our new Cray was to have
CWI, Amsterdam ( run one of their award-winning crypto
programs "for free" before going operational ...

Toon Moene - mailto:toon at - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77:
GNU Fortran 95: (under construction)