data storage location

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Sat Sep 13 19:17:27 EDT 2003

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Sep 2003, Erik Paulson wrote:
>
> Or something else entirely.  I'd welcome suggestions -- we're having a
> fairly major meeting on the project in a week or two.  Real Life
> experiences of people who use AFS across a cluster would be lovely.
> Especially experiences or tests/benchmarks regarding things like
> efficiency and system overhead/load/requirements, and any caveats or
> gotchas to be overcome (given by hypothesis a longstanding, well managed

AFS is heavily used at CERN. They have requirements for access to an
international base of users, and have a kerberos infrastructure in place.
IIRC, they still use V4 for the reasons mentioned earlier in the thread.
AFS is used across the computational cluster, which is where I met it.
The cluster is batch oriented - not a parallel Beowulf type.