data storage location

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Sat Sep 13 05:34:12 EDT 2003

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 hanzl at noel.feld.cvut.cz wrote:

> Cache-like behavior would save a lot of manual work but unfortunately
> I am not aware of any working solution for linux, I want something
> like cachefs (nonexistent for linux) or caching ability of AFS/Coda
> (too cumbersome for cluster) or theoretical features of
Why do you say AFS is too cumbersome?
I'm just saying that to provoke a debate - I've never actually set up
an AFS infrastructure from scratch (kerberos, kernel patches etc...)
but I know its not an afternoon's work.
I have had call to work closely with AFS, doing a bit of performance
tuning for caches etc.