Beowulf And jvm

Joseph Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Thu Sep 11 17:40:04 EDT 2003

Hi Puru:

  Java uses shared memory threads.  It is unlikely that the beowulf
architecture would be suitable for this.  However, if you spawn multiple
processes and create some sort of IPC mechanism (MPI is but one known
functional instance of this), you might be able to get some benefit out
of running on multiple CPUs across multiple nodes.  If your threads are
not latency sensitive, you could use a variety of IPC mechanisms.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Scalable Informatics LLC
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com