data storage location

Felix Rauch rauch at
Thu Sep 11 10:00:42 EDT 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:
> We have seen less than stellar performance with the older/cheaper ATI
> Centrecom switches.  We were almost completely unsuccessful with
> multicast tests.  And RFC2544 packet testing was the pits.  So: small
> packets are bad, and multicast appears problemmatic.  At least on these
> devices.

I forgot to mention that on the same, little switch we had perfect
scalability and performance with Dolly [1] (at least for large
packets, which are the interesting ones for large data replications).

- Felix

Felix Rauch                      | Email: rauch at
Institute for Computer Systems   | Homepage:
ETH Zentrum / RZ H18             | Phone: +41 1 632 7489
CH - 8092 Zuerich / Switzerland  | Fax:   +41 1 632 1307