CPUs for a Beowulf

Greg Lindahl lindahl at keyresearch.com
Wed Sep 10 12:39:13 EDT 2003

> > My first non-small HPC cluster was 64 nodes, and it took 28 hours of
> > labor to set up, of which only 8 hours was my time
>
> And the first small one?
>
> (I basically wanted to scare people who are just building the very
> first cluster

You shouldn't use me as an example, then: that was my first HPC
cluster, but I had set several groups of systems before which had
related configs, and worked on clusters up to ~ 130 systems in size
while working in industry.

It all depends on what your experience is. If you haven't set up
any kind of cluster before, you're asking for trouble.

-- greg