CPUs for a Beowulf

hanzl at noel.feld.cvut.cz hanzl at noel.feld.cvut.cz
Wed Sep 10 04:58:48 EDT 2003

> > > Administrative costs can easily be THE dominant cost
> >
> > Yes, yes, yes. Anybody has different experience for his/her FIRST
> > cluster? (If somebody does, he is genius and his labor has much higher
> > value then estimated and I am right anyway :-)
>
> My first non-small HPC cluster was 64 nodes, and it took 28 hours of
> labor to set up, of which only 8 hours was my time

And the first small one?

(I basically wanted to scare people who are just building the very
first cluster and want to be very innovative at the same time - it is
fine and a lot of fun but quite likely it is not a way to save
yet. Maybe innovative soul can save a lot on the second one...)

Regards

Vaclav Hanzl