request for long running parallel applications.

Dean Johnson dtj at
Sun Sep 7 14:39:13 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 12:57, Timothy M Collins wrote:
> Dear all,
> I need long running parallel application(s) that I can using for testing on
> my beowulf cluster. Possibly something that runs in a loop. (small or large)
> Please help. Ideas well come.
> regards
> Collins

Try something like NAMD ( which is
a molecular dynamics code. There are benchmarks for it and you can make
it run long by bumping up the timesteps of the benchmark. It will eat as
much horsepower as you can throw at it.