Clusters in the Finance Industry?

Bryan Richard brichard at clusterworldexpo.com
Fri Sep 5 12:40:35 EDT 2003

Hello,

I am doing research on HPC Beowulf clusters in the financial sector for the upcoming ClusterWorld and I was hoping the list might be able to help me out.

I am interesting in learning more about,

* How the finance industry utilizes clusters: risk management, modeling, analysis, &c.
* What type of systems are being utilized
* What applications are common to this industry
* Who are the key individuals in HPC finance

Our ultimate goal would be to include a Finance track in the ClusterWorld technical program -- something beyond Deep Green case studies -- that addresses the clustering needs of the HPC finance community.

Happy to speak to anyone either on or off the list. Given the tight-lipped nature of this industry, any pointers or assistance would be greatly helpful. Thanks.

Be well,

Bryan Richard

Conference Director
QuarterPower Media