Microway Opteron Cluster

lehi.gracia at amd.com lehi.gracia at amd.com
Fri Sep 5 10:48:31 EDT 2003

Hello again Jeffre,

>From my prior posting I just wanted is to point out that there are options that you could fit more systems in a rack "if" you need more processors per square foot and "if" you require many systems in your cluster. Since you have been considering already a company perhaps you should contact them and ask them about their options and they may have the best solution for you and/or point you in the right direction.

Lehi

-----Original Message-----
From: Johnson.Jeffre at epamail.epa.gov [mailto:Johnson.Jeffre at epamail.epa.gov]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 3:41 PM
To: beowulf at beowulf.org
Subject: Microway Opteron Cluster

Hello;

We are contemplating purchasing a small Opteron-based cluster from Microway, and I am curious as to whether anyone has any thoughts about Microway and/or Opterons.  Thank you.

Jeffre C. Johnson
Research Chemist
U.S. EPA, ORD, NERL, HEASD, EDRB  (not quite the entire alphabet) Fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada