Microway Opteron Cluster

Stephen Gaudet sgaudet at wildopensource.com
Fri Sep 5 09:03:33 EDT 2003

Hello Jeffre,

Johnson.Jeffre at epamail.epa.gov wrote:

> Hello;
>
> We are contemplating purchasing a small Opteron-based cluster from
> Microway, and I am curious as to whether anyone has any thoughts about
> Microway and/or Opterons.  Thank you.

While Microway is a good company, you might want to check out Angstrom
Microsystems.  http://www.Angstrom.com

I just read this article on Angstrom.

http://msnbc-cnet.com.com/2100-1010_3-5071318.html?part=msnbc-cnet&tag=alert&form=feed&subj=cnetnews

I have a friend that worked there for over a year and to my surprise
Angstrom NEVER had one RMA.  I never believed it, until I heard it from
some of their customers.

I might add, Lalit Jain the CEO, graduate from MIT, builds the best AMD
solution of all the AMD partners.  No one spends more time making sure
the box is cool enough and the power is clean.

Check them out, can't go wrong.

Cheers,

Steve Gaudet

Wild Open Source (home office)