Semaphore controlling access to resource in OpenPBS? SGE?

Andrew Wang andrewxwang at yahoo.com.tw
Thu Sep 4 22:08:12 EDT 2003

If you use SGE, this howto will provide the info:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/resource.html

I hope OpenPBS has similar features, but given that
OpenPBS is basically dead (bugs unfixed, no new ports,
very light mailing list traffic), is there a reason to
keep using it? At least use Scablable PBS or SGE.

Andrew.

 --- Tod Hagan <tod at gust.sr.unh.edu> 的訊息:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a guest on a system running OpenPBS where I'd
> like to schedule a
> bunch of test jobs using OpenPBS. All the jobs will
> execute out of the
> same directory. Rather than duplicating the
> directory for each job, or
> using OpenPBS's support for dependency lists and
> rigidly specifying the
> execution order myself, what I really want is to
> declare a
> semaphore/mutex locking access to the directory so
> only one of these
> jobs will run at a time, and then let the batch
> system figure out which
> job is best to run given the other jobs on the
> cluster.
>
> Is there any way to declare this kind of semaphore
> or lock with OpenPBS?
>
> How about SGE?

每天都 Yahoo!奇摩
海的顏色、風的氣息、愛你的溫度,盡在信紙底圖