Guidance/suggestions for small (6-12 port) gigabit switches and gigabit NICs?

Jeffrey B. Layton laytonjb at
Thu Sep 4 18:40:36 EDT 2003

   SMC recently announced a low-cost 8 port GigE switch that can handle
jumbo frames.

They also announced GigE NICs for $30. I don't know about Linux
support. If not, here's a website that some some decent information
about copper GigE:

Good Luck!