Guidance/suggestions for small (6-12 port) gigabit switches and gigabit NICs?

Jeffrey B. Layton laytonjb at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 4 18:40:36 EDT 2003

Tony,

   SMC recently announced a low-cost 8 port GigE switch that can handle
jumbo frames.

http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?sec=About-SMC&pg=Press-Release-Details&pr_id=129&site=c

They also announced GigE NICs for $30. I don't know about Linux
support. If not, here's a website that some some decent information
about copper GigE:

http://www.cs.uni.edu/~gray/gig-over-copper/

Good Luck!

Jeff