Semaphore controlling access to resource in OpenPBS? SGE?

Tod Hagan tod at gust.sr.unh.edu
Thu Sep 4 14:24:41 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm a guest on a system running OpenPBS where I'd like to schedule a
bunch of test jobs using OpenPBS. All the jobs will execute out of the
same directory. Rather than duplicating the directory for each job, or
using OpenPBS's support for dependency lists and rigidly specifying the
execution order myself, what I really want is to declare a
semaphore/mutex locking access to the directory so only one of these
jobs will run at a time, and then let the batch system figure out which
job is best to run given the other jobs on the cluster.

Is there any way to declare this kind of semaphore or lock with OpenPBS?

How about SGE?