e1000 and Scyld 28cz

Kimitoshi Takahashi ktaka at clustcom.com
Thu Sep 4 10:49:40 EDT 2003

Hello,

>From my limited experience, I can think of the followings,

1. If your NIC chip is 82547(Intel's giga nic chip for CSA connection),
the line in the /etc/beowulf/config should be,
pci   0x8086   0x1019   e1000

You have to find out what your NIC's pci ID is.
In the case of recent RedHat, see /etc/sysconfig/hwconfig.

2. You might have to rebuild phase 2 boot image with new e1000.o using beoboot.

I hope these help.

Kimitoshi Takahashi

Wade Hampton さんは書きました: