Cluster Poll Results (tangent into OS choices)

Steffen Persvold sp at
Fri Oct 31 19:52:23 EST 2003

Joel Jaeggli wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Steffen Persvold wrote:
>>Who says you have to pay 1024*$792 ? Why not only 1 license ? AFAIK you are may use that binary image as you like inside your cluster since it is covered by GPL, but you can't
>>claim support from RH for more than one of the systems.
> read the liscsense agreement for you redhat enterprise disks...

Well the EULA doesn't say anything about having to pay $792 for each node in a cluster (actually it doesn't mention paying license fee's at all). The only relevant stuff I can
find is item 2, "Intellectual Property Rights" :

    "If Customer makes a commercial redistribution of
     the Software, unless a separate agreement with Red Hat is executed
     or other permission granted, then Customer must modify the files
     identified as REDHAT-LOGOS and anaconda-image to remove all
     images containing the Red Hat trademark or the Shadowman logo.
     Merely deleting these files may corrupt the Software."

And I wouldn't say that installing on your cluster nodes is "making a commercial redistribution" would you ? Or have I missed something fundamental ?