Cluster Poll Results (tangent into OS choices)

Wei Deng weideng at
Fri Oct 31 15:37:45 EST 2003

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 02:44:59PM -0500, Vann H. Walke wrote:
> - OSCAR / Rocks / etc...  - generally installed on top of another
> distribution.  We still have to pick a base distribution.

>From what I heard from Rocks mailing list, they will release 3.1.0 the
next Month, which will be based on RHEL 3.0, compiled from source code
that is publicly available, and free of charge.

Even though Rocks is based on RedHat distribution, it is complete, which
means you only need to download Rocks ISOs to accomplish your

Wei Deng
Pablo Research Group
Department of Computer Science
University of Illinois