Video-less nodes

Daniel Fernandez daniel at
Wed Oct 29 14:16:43 EST 2003

Hi all,

I would like to get some opinions about video-less nodes in a cluster,
we know that there is no problem about monitoring nodes remotely and
reading logs but I suppose that in a kernel panic situation there's some
valuable on-screen information... ¿ any thoughts ?

Of course there's the possibility about putting really cheap video cards
just that we'll able to see the text screen , nothing more ;)

Daniel Fernandez <daniel at>
Laboratori de Termotècnia i Energia - CTTC
UPC Campus Terrassa