some ab initio benchmarks

Cezary Czaplewski czarek at sun1.chem.univ.gda.pl
Mon Oct 20 15:08:21 EDT 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Jakob Oestergaard wrote:

> Could you please specify which version of which operating system was
> used for this?

Opteron machine (dahlia) was a prototype which dr Paulette Clancy got for
evaluation from local computer shop. It had RedHat GinGin 64 operating
system preistalled when I did testing.

> If the kernel does not have NUMA scheduling, the Opterons are severely
> disadvantaged - it would be useful to know.

I don't remember which kernel was installed when I did benchmarks, I
suppose standard kernel which is coming with GinGin64. Machine should
have SuSE installed now so I cannot check it. I will repeat benchmarks
with PGI 5 64bit compiler and SuSE when I will have some time.

				czarek