A Petaflop machine in 20 racks?

Greg Lindahl lindahl at keyresearch.com
Fri Oct 17 21:39:57 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 04:15:08PM -0400, Bryce Bockman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 	Check out this article over at wired:
>
> http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,60791,00.html
>
>   It makes all sorts of wild claims, but what do you guys think?

I think it's the Return of the Array Processor.

There's very little new in computing these days -- and it has the
usual flaws of APs: low bandwidth communication to the host.

So if you have a problem that actually fits in the limited memory, and
doesn't need to communicate with anyone else very often, it may be a
win for you.

-- greg