OT: same commands to multiple servers?

Brian D. Ropers-Huilman bropers at lsu.edu
Fri Oct 17 03:20:54 EDT 2003

I have administered over 100 AIX boxes for a living for over 5 years now. The
tool of choice for me is dsh, which ships as part of the PSSP LPP, a canned
implementation of Kerberos 4. We simply install the ssp.clients fileset on
each node and use our control workstation as the Kerberos realm master. We add
the external nodes by hand.

I know that dsh is open sourced now and available at:

    http://dsh.sourceforge.net/

There are several other cheap (as in Libris) solutions as well:

1) Use rsh (with TCPwrappers)
2) Use ssh with a password-less key
3) Write your own code around either of the above
4) Implement Kerberos, either as an LPP from IBM, or get the source and
compile yourself

I think you'll find dsh a good starting point though.

Mike Eggleston wrote:

> I now have control over many AIX servers and I know there
> are some programs that allow you (once configured) to send
> the same command to multiple nodes/servers, but do these
> commands exist within the AIX environment?
>
> Mike

Brian D. Ropers-Huilman                        (225) 578-0461 (V)
Systems Administrator                 AIX      (225) 578-6400 (F)
Office of Computing Services       GNU Linux   brian at ropers-huilman.net
High Performance Computing            .^.      http://www.ropers-huilman.net/
Fred Frey Building, Rm. 201, E-1Q     /V\                          \o/
Louisiana State University           (/ \)           --  __o   /    |
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-1900           (   )          --- `\<,  /    `\\,