XML for formatting (Re: Environment monitoring)

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu Oct 16 08:08:12 EDT 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Greg Lindahl wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 09:46:45AM -0400, Robert G. Brown wrote:
>
> > So the alternative is to see if I can extort
> > ten cents from everybody on the list NOT to write 20K rants like this.
>
> Do you accept pay-pal? Do you promise to spend all the money buying
> yourself beer?

I do accept pay-pal, by strange chance and will cheerfully delete one
word out of a 20Kword base for every dime received (and to make it clear
to the list that I've done so, naturally I'll post the diff with the
original as well as the modified rant:-).  I can't promise to spend ALL
of the money buying beer, because my liver is old and has already
tolerated much abuse over many years and I want it to last a few more
decades, but I'll certainly lift a glass t'alla yer health from time to
time...:-)

On the other hand, given my experiences with people sending me free
money via pay-pal up to this point, it would probably be safe to promise
to spend it "all" on beer.  Even my aged liver can tolerate beer by the
thimbleful...if I didn't end up a de facto teetotaller.;-)

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu