Intel and GNU C++ compilers

Joachim Worringen joachim at ccrl-nece.de
Mon Oct 13 12:22:17 EDT 2003

José M. Pérez Sánchez:
> I just wanna thank everybody for the responses to my last question about
> Intel compiler, I tried both 'gcc' and 'icc', and got the following results
> for one of our work files containing 10^6 steps of calculation:

José,

thanks for the information, but you really should (also) use the latest gcc
(3.3x) for such a comparision. It will be interesting to see how it performs
relative to the latest icc on the one hand, and to the old gcc on the other
hand.

And some information on the application (or libraries used) would be helpful,
too. Like: is it memory-bound or compute-bound, etc..

 Joachim

--
Joachim Worringen - NEC C&C research lab St.Augustin
fon +49-2241-9252.20 - fax .99 - http://www.ccrl-nece.de