Intel compilers and libraries

C J Kenneth Tan -- Heuchera Technologies cjtan at optimanumerics.com
Fri Oct 10 13:55:14 EDT 2003

Mike,

> > Have you tried DPPSV or DPOSV on Itanium, for example?  I would be
> > interested in the percentage of peak that you achieve with MKL and
> > ATLAS, for up to 10000x10000 matrices.
> >
> > ATLAS does not have full LAPACK implementation.
>
> This gets ATLAS to provide its faster LAPACK routines to a full LAPACK
> library:
> http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/errata.html#completelp

Inserting the LU factorization code from ATLAS to publicly available
LAPACK will only get you faster LU code in the rest of the publicly
available LAPACK library.  You will not gain from QR factorization
code, Cholesky factorization code, etc..

Ken
C. J. Kenneth Tan, Ph.D.
Heuchera Technologies Ltd.
E-mail: cjtan at OptimaNumerics.com      Telephone: +44 798 941 7838
Web: http://www.OptimaNumerics.com    Facsimile: +44 289 066 3015
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and privileged.  It
is intended only for the addressee(s) stated above.  If you are not an
addressee, please accept my apologies and please do not use,
disseminate, disclose, copy, publish or distribute information in this
e-mail nor take any action through knowledge of its contents: to do so
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please inform me that
this e-mail has gone astray, and delete this e-mail from your system.
Thank you for your co-operation.