Inquiry small system S/W

Rocky McGaugh rocky at
Thu Oct 9 16:24:36 EDT 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Gene Sheppard wrote:
>  We here are Georgia Perimeter College are planning on putting together a 5
>  or 6 node Beowulf system.
>  My question:
>  Is there any software for a system like this?
>  What applications have been tested on a small system?
>  If there are none, what is the smallest system out there?
>  Thank you for your help.
>  GEne

System or application software?

For system software, any of the beowulf kits will work.

and others.

Most applications will run just fine on 5 or 6 nodes. To start with, i'd
get HPL and PMB running to ensure everything is working fine. Then you can
look at other applications to see what you might actually be able to
benefit from.
Rocky McGaugh
Atipa Technologies
rocky at
rmcgaugh at
1-785-841-9513 x3110
perl -e 'print unpack(u, ".=W=W+F%T:7\!A+F-O;0H`");'