Help: About Intel Fortran Compiler:

Franz Marini franz.marini at
Mon Oct 6 14:55:57 EDT 2003

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Donald Becker wrote:

> Acckkk!!

Ok, I shouldn't have said "a cleaner way".
I don't usually use mpif77 (or f90) to compile programs requiring mpi
libs, in fact.

I prefer to explicitly tell the compiler which library I want, and where
to find them. Btw, this is much simpler and faster if you have multiple
versions/releases of the same library.

Anyway, clean or not, elegant or not, mpif77 should (and I say should)

Btw, I still can't understand why the hell each fortran compiler uses a
different way to treat underscores. This, and another thousands of reasons
make me hate fortran. (erm, please, this is a *personal* pov, let's not
start another flame/discussion on the fortran vs <insert language of
choice> issue ;)).

Have a nice day,

Franz Marini
Sys Admin and Software Analyst,
Dept. of Physics, University of Milan, Italy.
email : franz.marini at
phone : +39 02 50317221