undefined references to pthread related calls

Florent Calvayrac Florent.Calvayrac at univ-lemans.fr
Mon Oct 6 11:54:09 EDT 2003

Jeffery A. White wrote:
> Hi group,
>
>  I have a user of my software (a f90 based CFD code using mpich) that is
> haveing trouble installing my code on
> their system. They are using mpich and the Intel version 7.1 ifc
> compiler. The problem occurs at the link step.
> They are getting undefined references to what appear to be system calls
> to pthread related functions such as
> pthread_self, pthread_equal, pthread_mutex_lock. Does any one else
> encountered and know how to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

is the compiler installed on a Redhat 8.0 ?

Besides, maybe they use OpenMP/HPF directives and options
  which can mess up things and are usually useless on
a cluster with one CPU per node.

--
Florent Calvayrac                          | Tel : 02 43 83 26 26
Laboratoire de Physique de l'Etat Condense | Fax : 02 43 83 35 18