Help: About Intel Fortran Compiler:

Franz Marini franz.marini at mi.infn.it
Mon Oct 6 04:21:50 EDT 2003

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, Ao Jiang wrote:

> ifc -I /opt/mpich-1.2.5/include -Lmpi -w -Lm -o p_wg3 p_fdtd3dwg3_pml.f90

Try with :

  ifc -I/opt/mpich-1.2.5/include -lmpi -w -o p_wg3 p_fdtd3dwg3_pml.f90

Btw, a cleaner way to compile mpi programs is to use the mpif90
(mpif77 for fortran77) command (which is a wrapper for the real compiler).
You should be able to make it use the ifc by setting the MPICH_F90
(MPICH_F77 for fortran77) and MPICH_F90LINKER environment variables to
choose which compiler to use, e.g. let's say you want to use the ifc
compiler, and you're using bash, you would have to do:

  export MPICH_F90=ifc
  export MPICH_F90LINKER=ifc

and then, in order to compile your mpi program you should issue the
command:

  mpif90 -o p_wg3 p_fdtd3dwg3_pml.f90

> 2. Is the problem of cluster or the Intel compiler?

Neither. Intel works fine with Oscar.

Have a good day,

F.

Franz Marini
Sys Admin and Software Analyst,
Dept. of Physics, University of Milan, Italy.
email : franz.marini at mi.infn.it
phone : +390250317221