more on structural models for clusters

Jim Lux James.P.Lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 1 18:36:35 EDT 2003

In regards to my recent post looking for cluster implementations for
structural dynamic models, I would like to add that I'm interested in
"highly distributed" solutions where the computational load for each
processor is very, very low, as opposed to fairly conventional (and widely
available) schemes for replacing the Cray with a N-node cluster.

The number of processors would be comparable to the number of structural
nodes (to a first order of magnitude)

Imagine you had something like a geodesic dome with a microprocessor at
each vertex that wanted to compute the loads for that vertex, communicating
only with the adjacent vertices...

Trivial, egregiously simplified,  and demo cases are just fine, and, in
fact, probably preferable....

James Lux, P.E.
Spacecraft Telecommunications Section
4800 Oak Grove Drive