Environment monitoring

Rocky McGaugh rocky at atipa.com
Wed Oct 1 09:46:25 EDT 2003

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> Alas, if only somebody would give the lm_sensors folks a copy of a good
> book on XML for christmas, and they decided to take the monumental step
> of converting /proc/sensors into a single xml-based file with the
> RELEVANT information presented in toplevel tags like
>
>   <cpu_temp id="0" units="C">50.4</cpu_temp>
>
> and the irrelevant information presented in tags like

> then we could ALL reap the fruits of their labor without needing a copy
> of the lm78 version 1.22a API manual and having to write an application
> that supports each of the sensors THROUGH THEIR INTERFACE one at a
> time...;-)

We have that. lm_sensors+cron+gmond. Nice little XML stream on every node
with every other nodes temps. One can keep a range of tolerance for cpu0,
cpu1, motherboard, and disk temps and shutdown whenever you need to.

a netbotz would be cooler though. i'd still use the lm_sensors+cron+gmond
and still have the netbotz as a toy..:)

--
Rocky McGaugh
Atipa Technologies
rocky at atipatechnologies.com
rmcgaugh at atipa.com
1-785-841-9513 x3110
http://67.8450073/
perl -e 'print unpack(u, ".=W=W+F%T:7\!A+F-O;0H`");'