updated cluster finishing script system

Joseph Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Tue Oct 7 22:11:05 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 19:50, Chris Samuel wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 05:28 am, Joseph Landman wrote:
>
> > It is licensed under the GPL for end users.  Contact us offline if you want
> > to talk about redistribution licenses.
>
> Err, if it's licensed under the GPL then the "end users" who receive it under
> that license can redistribute it themselves under the GPL.  Part 6 of the GPL
> v2 says:

> Of course as the copyright holder you could also do dual licensing, so I guess
> this is what you mean - correct ?

Commercial redistribution ala the MySQL form of license.  You are
correct, it was a mis-wording on my part.  Basically if someone decides
to turn this into a commercial product (ok, stop laughing...), or wants
support, or a warranty, then they need to speak with us first.  As the
package is mostly source code, make files and scripts, it seems odd to
consider distributing it any other way.

More to the point, there are some things that should be free (Libre and
beer, though some keep asking me where the free beer is).  Stuff like
this should be free (as in Libre).  RGB and I had a conversation about
this I think... .  I leave it to others to supply the beer.

> But whichever it is, once you have released something under the GPL you cannot
> prevent others from redistributing it under the GPL themselves.

... which I don't want to hinder (redistribution under GPL), rather I
want to encourage ...

Thanks for catching the wording error.

--
Joseph Landman <landman at scalableinformatics.com>