Opteron kernel

Derek Richardson derek.richardson at pgs.com
Wed Nov 26 14:37:32 EST 2003

Bill,
It had 4 DIMMs, w/ 6 slots on of the motherboard.  I am going to go
confirm which banks correspond to what shortly, just in case IBM put it
together w/ an imbalance.  Yes, we have done the 2 job scenario ( that's
our primary mode of operating, running 2 jobs ( called executive shells,
or es's ) on a dual-cpu node, w/ anywhere from 10 up to 125 nodes
participating in a job ), the memory should be DDR333 IIRC.  The BIOS
doesn't have much in the way of tuning options, more's the pity.
What's the benchmark?  If it's a publicly available one, I probably have
it installed already, if not, yes, I would appreciate it.
When you have seen it repeatedly, you mean an improper distribution of
memory to CPU?
Derek R.

--
Linux Administrator
derek.richardson at pgs.com
derek.richardson at ieee.org
Office 713-781-4000
Cell 713-817-1197
Madison's Inquiry:
	If you have to travel on the Titanic, why not go first class?