SuperMicro IPMI authentication

WANGNICK Sebastian sebastian.wangnick at eurocontrol.int
Wed Nov 26 11:57:43 EST 2003

Dear Peter,

thanks for your quick answer. I'll cross-post your answer to the Beowulf and Openipmi mailing list. Please note that this approach renders your IPMI support propriatary, and unusable for us (your tool won't pass our safety assessment).

However, I'm not interested in source code of IPMIview (Java is not an option for us anyway). What I'm asking is the specification of the IPMI type 5 authentification. I just learned via the Beowulf mailing list that the Intel server boards do fully support type 0, 1, 2 and 4 authentication as specified in the standard.

May I ask you, based on this clarification, to reconsider your position?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian
--
Dipl.-Inform. Sebastian <dot> Wangnick <at eurocontrol dot int>
Office: Eurocontrol Maastricht UAC, Horsterweg 11, NL-6199AC Maastricht-Airport,