Beowulf of bare motherboards
alvin at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Mon Nov 24 20:10:39 EST 2003
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Jean-Christophe Ducom wrote:
> I tried to find a link to a 'old' project where people were using racks to put
> barebone motherboards (to save the cost of the case basically).
hotmail and google used those motherboard in the 19" (kingstarusa.com)
racks -- looks like its discontinued ??
- a flat piece of (aluminum/steel) metal (from home depot/orchard) will
work too you know
- just add a couple holes on stand off for the mb and power supply
- or get a sheet metal shop to bend and drill a few holes w
rack mounting ears
> It was similar to the following project but was more elaborated (it was possible
> to pull out the bare motherboards of the shelf, etc...)
i'm very interested in those systems ...
- to build a cluster w/ just motherboards and optionally w/ disks
- power supply will be simple +12vDC wall adaptor ...
- P4-3G equivalent mb/cpu
- it'd be a good engineering challenge :-)
( big question is what holds up the back of the "caseless"
( motherboards and disks
> I spent hours to find it on google..without success.
> Could anyone remember it? Please send the link.
> Thanks a lot
there are other pc104 based caseless clusters
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org
To change your subscription (digest mode or unsubscribe) visit http://www.beowulf.org/mailman/listinfo/beowulf
More information about the Beowulf