[OT] statistical calculations

Alexis Zubrow azubrow at galton.uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 24 11:38:19 EST 2003

Martin-

A related possibility is to use some sort of database.  You might be able
to "easily" translate  the original datasets into one of the SQL based
database formats.  If you can do that, I know that some of them can be
accessed via python or R, which will give you a much larger suite of
computational possibilities. One database that I've tried out is mySQL:
http://www.mysql.com

I know that this can be accessed via python and R, as well as a bunch of
other programming languages. Though it doesn't sound like you want or need
to parallelize this, both python and R have wrappers around MPI code.

Best,
Alexis