How : up2date 128 nodes of Redhat 9 ?

Laurence Liew laurenceliew at yahoo.com.sg
Sat Nov 22 18:22:55 EST 2003

Hi,

by strict definition, your 128 nodes is not a beowulf cluster but a NOW.

but anyway, u need a batch system, parallel shell or a script to launch
up2date with commandline options. If you have sge, pbs or lsf etc
installed, u could lauch up2date and schedule the updates..

a better method is to explore other means to update only your  master
node and have your master node pushes or your compute nodes pull the
updates... better overall security and manageability.

take a look at Rocks, Scyld, Oscar etc.. these cluster toolkits helps
remove many manual tasks of managing a cluster.

Cheers!
laurence
ps. If u are going for ieee cluster 2003 in hong kong, we can meet and
discuss further.