booting from usb pen drive

Jim Lux james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Nov 22 13:37:11 EST 2003

Aiee.. an answer just long enough to really whet our appetites.
A bit longer answer please?  Which BIOS? Which mobo? How could one tell
(without having the mobo sitting in front of you)?
This could be a very elegant solution for booting diskless nodes, since
virtually every mobo made today has USB interfaces on it, and would save you
the hassle of putting CDROM or Floppy drives out there.  I'd point out that
NOT every mobo out there has PXE or network boot capability, so this is a
nice alternative.