RHEL Copyright Removal

Jesse Becker jbecker at northwestern.edu
Fri Nov 21 10:51:00 EST 2003

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:35:10PM -0000, neil.brown at syngenta.com wrote:
> Have any of you had experiences with such an exercise? Were they positive?
> How much effort was required? I believe ROCKS is based on RHEL 2.1 (not sure
> whether it's ES or AS) so it surely can't be that bad as a cluster oriented
> distro.

Actaully, I believe that ROCKS is based on RHEL 2.1 WS.  I've used it a few
times, and parts of it are quite nice.  The ROCKS guys have automated
most of the recompile process, but I don't know if the automation includes
stripping out the RH stuff.

--
Jesse Becker
GPG-fingerprint: BD00 7AA4 4483 AFCC 82D0  2720 0083 0931 9A2B 06A2