RHEL Copyright Removal

John Burton j.c.burton at gats-inc.com
Fri Nov 21 12:36:26 EST 2003

I'm running Fedora on one of my machines and am pretty happy with it -
its RedHat Linux with the names and logos changed. It uses a slightly
newer kernel than RH9 (2.4.22 vs 2.4.20 IIRC). One minor difficulty I
had came from trying to compile a third party (nvidia) kernel module.
The kernel is compiled with gcc32, but the default compiler is gcc33.
Both are supplied on the system, so you just have to be careful about
specifying which compiler to use. I'm guessing there is some issue with
gcc33 and the kernel...

So far so good... we'll probably go with fedora for development or
personal workstations and RHEL for our production servers...

John