GenericNQS batch system

Andrew Wang andrewxwang at yahoo.com.tw
Tue Nov 18 22:24:30 EST 2003

GNQS is really old, and there have been no
improvements for a long time.

Are u supporting legacy systems? Is using a different
batch system an option?

The two most popular batch systems these days are
Gridengine (SGE) and Scalable PBS (SPBS). Since SGE is
backed by Sun, so more R&D (and money too) are put
into it, and more companies use it. On the other hand,
SPBS is backed by Supercluster.org, which means that
it should work better with Maui/Silver/Gold, and a lot
of existing HPC sites are switching from OpenPBS
(which has no new development) to ScalablePBS.

Both SGE and SPBS are opensource.

Lastly, the Condor team told me that once they clean
up the build environment, they will release the
source!

SPBS: http://www.supercluster.org
SGE: http://gridengine.sunsource.net
Condor: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/