thermal sensing

Geoff Galitz galitz at uclink.berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 18 19:26:12 EST 2003

G'day.

I need to put together a little system which can
monitor the temperature of a machine room, and
when a certain threshold is reached, trigger a
program to run.

I can handle the software side, but I'm not  really
sure where to begin looking on the hardware side.
I've been to a few engineering web sites and catalogues
but haven't really found just what I need in terms of
hardware.  I am looking for a temperature sensor that
can simply go high or low when the threshold is reached.
Any recommendations?

If there is already a device or howto out there on how to
do this, that would be great too.

Thanks,
-geoff