top500 list (was: opteron VS Itanium 2)

Lombard, David N david.n.lombard at
Mon Nov 17 17:31:32 EST 2003

From: canon at, Monday, November 17, 2003 11:38 AM
> ...  At this point,
> Big Mac is a one-of-a-kind.  The Apple crowd has never even
> looked at HPC before this (probably because its typically a money

Actually, the "Apple crowd" had been making the rounds, at least the ISV
rounds, at Cluster World in June of this year.  Don't know how long
before that they were (certainly not at LW in Jan) or if their approach
was a locality affect (again, LW in Jan in NYC).  Perhaps though, the
cold^H^H^H^HFRIGID weather kept them away from LW at NYC (kudos for not
being *that* dumb ;^)

David N. Lombard

My comments represent my opinions, not those of Intel.