FW: Scyld Nodes Freezing w/ SMP (fwd)

Lombard, David N david.n.lombard at intel.com
Mon Nov 17 10:08:41 EST 2003

From: Alvin Oga [mailto:alvin at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com]
> > Instead of guessing, try memtest86 at
> > http://www.memtest86.com/memtest86-3.0.tar.gz
>
> i have yet to see memtest find a failure thats real
> or pass the memory that works
> in a given system ... where you know the system crashes
>
> and yet moving the mem stick to another system give you
> identical failures or passes the "application running tests"

Hmmm.  My experiences were consistently different, i.e., consistently
useful.

In a previous job, I made it a standard boot option on installed systems
so that customers could just boot right into it, including via PXE boot,
and save us a diagnostic visit to only find out new memory was needed.

> other memory testors
s/testors/testers/

> 	http://www.Linux-1U.net/Diags/#Mem
> 	http://www.Linux-1U.net/Memory/#Test

Thanks for the pointers, I'll check them out!

--
David N. Lombard

My comments represent my opinons, not those of Intel.