top500 list (was: opteron VS Itanium 2)

Andrew Wang andrewxwang at
Sun Nov 16 20:18:01 EST 2003

Sorry Greg, top500 list came out and you lost!

BigMac G5 (aka "X")         (2200 CPUs) - 10.3 TFlops
Lightning (LANL Opteron)    (2816 CPUs) -  8.1 TFlops

Apple BigMac is number 3, while the Opteron cluster is
number 6.

Also, the 1936-CPU IA64 cluster is at the 5th place,
at 8.6 TFlops.

> > This would place the Big Mac in the 3rd place on
> > the top500 list
> Except that there are several other new large
> clusters that will
> likely place higher -- LANL announced a 2,048 cpu
> Opteron cluster a
> while back, and LLNL has something new, too, I
> think. Comparing
> yourself to the obsolete list in multiple press
> releases isn't very clever.

每天都 Yahoo!奇摩