Scyld Nodes Freezing w/ SMP (fwd) - memory

Alvin Oga alvin at
Fri Nov 14 16:11:06 EST 2003

hi ya jim

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Jim Phillips wrote:

> Hi,
> This is very similar to problems we're seeing on our dual Athlon MP 2600+
> cluster with Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW+ motherboards, Intel PRO/1000 MT Server
> network cards, and Clustermatic 3 (on Red Hat 8).  No solution, though.

cpu/nic is very specific

how about specific manufacturer of the memory ?
( and it does make a very big difference )
	- mushkin, corsair, kingston would be amongst the first few
	  vendors that we would start from
	- lei, century(?), couple other is the next tier
	- i would not use any of the rest of the vendors in any dual-cpu

and more importantly, do you know if they used "brand new memory"
or recycled memory from other dead/randomly crashing systems ( returned
parts )
	- systems usually worked, solved itself, when i bought
	brand new memory from the distributor or a pc store i trusted
	would sell me new parts vs returned parts