bpcp with globbing

Dan Stanzione dstanzi at clemson.edu
Thu Nov 13 17:25:35 EST 2003

> Right, I am running Scyld.
> I already tried your "ugly" work-around, without success. I get:
> execmove: Exec format error

OK, I knew I'd done that before, but I was able to re-create your problem.
There are two gotchas to make this work:
    -Your shell script has to be a script, not just commands in a file you
source
(i.e., it starts #!/bin/sh).    That takes care of the execmove error.
    -If you run a command that's not on the nodes (like cp) from a script,
bpsh
doesn't know to move that command out there, so, everything you use must
reside on the node; you may need to stick a copy of /bin/cp out there
somewhere.

With those two caveats, it works just fine...

I reiterate that there must be a better way...
    Dan
Dan Stanzione, PhD             dstanzio at nsf.gov
AAAS Fellow
Division of Graduate Education