list managemnt issue

Donald Becker becker at scyld.com
Thu Nov 13 17:54:07 EST 2003

Just to summarize the immediate issue:
 - messages from about a month ago were being bounced back to the posters
 - the address associated with the 'borken system was removed Oct. 20
 - there is nothing that can be done at beowulf.org to prevent the bogus
     bounces, as the bounces were not routed through here

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Angel Rivera wrote:
> Gerry Creager N5JXS writes:

> > I'm sorry Joel.  This is a hot-button.  I've found myself blackholed in
> > the past because I was on an ISDN modem, on DSL, from a University, and
..
> I love RBLs.  They do exactly what they are supposed to do, block abuse of
..
> Don't wanna get RBL'd?  Keep your system tighened down. Someone does not get
> into RBLs by keeping their system configured correctly.

Scyld runs a bunch of Linux and Beowulf-related mailing lists, with all
of them moderated or posting limited to members.  I average about 40
minutes a day moderating and adding to the spam filters.

Even with that care, we have been on a number of RBLs.

Donald Becker				becker at scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993