bpcp with globbing

Dan Stanzione dstanzi at clemson.edu
Thu Nov 13 16:22:07 EST 2003

I'm assuming you're running Scyld?

That's actually a problem with the shell itself more than bpcp; and unlike
some utilities (like say, scp) you can't get around by simply putting the
thing in quotes.   I haven't had the patience to find a "good" fix, but
it seems from your example you have all the files you need on an NFS
or other shared directory, and you're just trying to move them to local

A really ugly work-around (but it takes 10 seconds) is just to put the
cp command with the wildcard argument into a one-line script, then
run "bpsh -a <scriptname>" and the arguments will be expanded on
the slaves.

There's got to be a better way to do this, but that will get you
through the night.  Any ideas, Don?

Dan Stanzione, PhD             dstanzio at nsf.gov
AAAS Fellow
Division of Graduate Education