list managemnt issue

Bob Drzyzgula bob at
Thu Nov 13 05:16:15 EST 2003

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 08:23:35PM -0800, Bill Broadley wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 10:38:22AM +1100, Chris Samuel wrote:
> > On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:22 am, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
> >
> > > can some plase blackhole anyone at their mailserver has
> > > been perodically bouncing messages sent to the list for weeks...
> >
> > Also note that it should be trivial to automatically bin email from
> > postmaster at in your MUA.
> >
> > Chris
> So instead of the list admin blocking a obviously broken mail setup,
> every poster to this list should have to setup a seperate filter?
> Please unsubscribe dan at
> I'm getting hourly bounces to my posting of over a month ago, I suspect
> every other poster is as well.

But that is just the problem: Only posters -- not
non-posting subscribers -- are getting these messages
because they are coming direct to the poster without
going back through the list. There is absolutely nothing
that Donald can do to fix that.  Note that there are no
such bounces from recent posts; this is because that
address was removed from the list a long time ago.