list managemnt issue

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Nov 12 23:52:51 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 03:23 pm, Bill Broadley wrote:

> So instead of the list admin blocking a obviously broken mail setup,
> every poster to this list should have to setup a seperate filter?

No, I'm saying that *as* *well* as unsubscribing them they should filter those
emails out.  That's why I said "also" in my email.

Just unsubscribing them won't fix this quickly.

I'm getting multiple bounces for messages I sent to the beowulf list over a
month ago now, so even if they are unsubscribed I think we'll all be getting
these bounces for the forseeable future.

Can anyone in the US get in contact with them by phone and tell them what's
going on please ?

The WHOIS data for them says:

      Daniel Philpott
      348 Rutgers Street
      Rockville, MD 20850
      US
      Phone: 3016109635
      Fax..: 3016109636
      Email: dphilpott at ex-pressnet.com

   Registrar Name....: Register.com
   Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
   Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

   Domain Name: SYSTEMSFIRM.NET

      Created on..............: Tue, Jun 15, 1999
      Expires on..............: Thu, Jun 15, 2006
      Record last updated on..: Wed, Dec 04, 2002

   Administrative Contact:
      The Systems.Firm
      Daniel Philpott
      348 Rutgers Street